John sits down with Damon Lindelof (Lost, The Leftovers) for a bonus-length discussion of all things TV.
We focus on getting that first job, breaking story, and how writing rooms work. We also answer listener questions ranging from knowing when to let a pilot script die, to crediting original ideas.
Finally, we talk about the notion of Idea Debt, and how to say goodbye to projects you’ll never complete.
- Damon Lindelof
- The Leftovers: Final Season Trailer
- Jessica Abel on Idea Debt
- How I Got Out of Idea Debt by John Sexton
- City Girl
- John Hodgman’s Only Child
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 4-24-17: The transcript of this episode can be found here.