John and Craig discuss obstacles, those things your characters hate but desperately need.
We also follow up on the great Peter Dodd episode and answer listener questions on writing action, anecdotes as IP and other topics.
- Scriptnotes, 264: The One With the Agent
- The 100 Most Frequently Asked Questions about Screenwriting
- Rawson Thurber on IMDB
- Aaron Sorkin’s Masterclass
- Gone Girl Screenplay Analysis
- Sara Benincasa: Why Am I So Fat?
- Nuka World!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- Outro by Matt Davis (send us yours!)
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 9-02-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.