Craig and John look at how writers, and screenwriters in particular, impact the way people think about things in the real world. From crime scenes to courtrooms to CPR, we simplify things for storytelling and leave audiences with skewed expectations.
In follow up, Craig invited Final Draft into his life (and office), actors’ accents got analyzed, and more news came out about fake news.
We also be answer listener questions about LA neighborhoods and the gulf between getting read and getting paid.
- The Black Widow
- “I’ve Been Making Viral Fake News for the Last Six Months…”
- Dialect coach Erik Singer
- Wendy Zukerman on Science Vs.
- The CSI Effect
- FTC Labeling
- Alan Levinowitz for Slate: Will labels backfire?
- How to carve a turkey
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Get your 250 episode USB
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Victor Krause (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 12-01-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.