This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig look at how movies and TV shape the English language, and how writers should think about their role in all of this. We also examine the uncomfortable overlap between rom-com characters and stalkers.
We are coming to you one day earlier than usual because Tuesday, as you may have heard, is an election in the US. And perhaps you’re looking for something to distract yourself from that horrible business.
But Americans, please vote.
- Scriptnotes Gold Standard T-shirt
- Scriptnotes Midnight Blue T-shirt
- Michael Sheen on 30 Rock
- Philadelphia Story
- Robert Lowth
- Megan Garber in The Atlantic
- Stalking Is Love
- “How to Talk to a Woman Who is Wearing Headphones”
- Time Travel: A History by James Gleick on Amazon
- Maanasa Mendu
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Get your 250 episode USB
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Eric Pearson (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 11-12-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.