Craig and John plug a book by their very first sponsor and discuss elective brain surgery, before tackling an exhaustive but illuminating list of questions from listener Daniel Barkeley.
They’re residual questions about residuals, which seems very meta:
- Do TV show creators get compensated for every rerun?
- How do residuals differ from profit participations and foreign levies?
- And where does new media fall in all of this?
Thirteen conversations about a few things, on episode sixteen of Scriptnotes.
- Dark Men by Derek Haas on Amazon
- Popcorn Fiction short stories by screenwriters
- UltraViolet the studios’ digital locker platform
- Follies (New Broadway Cast Recording) on iTunes
- Jane Epenson’s Husbands
- Lisa Kudrow’s Web Therapy
- INTRO: Riptide main theme
- OUTRO: What More Can I Say by Jay-Z
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 12-15-11: The transcript of this episode can be found here.