John and Craig host a round of the Three Page Challenge where they look at listener pages and offer feedback on what’s working and how to avoid common pitfalls. This week we look at time jumps, reveals, and ticker-tape dialogue.
We follow up on confusing credits, then answer listener questions on narrative geography, professional development and when it’s okay to take your pitch somewhere else.
In our bonus segment for premium members, the guys share the secret to social media.
- Ryan’s Elvis Question on Twitter
- Follow along with our Three Page Challenge Selections: Tag – You’re It by Suw Charman-Anderson, Halloween Party by Lucas Abreu & Zachary Arthur & Kyle Copier, Belly Up by Emme Harris
- Blockbuster, the Party Game
- The Hanger Reflex
- Sara Schaefer Silence Video
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Nico Mansy (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 02-14-22 The transcript for this episode can be found here.