John and Craig offer guidance on wrangling groups of characters. This episode features a collection of craft topics that address how to build community on the page.
They cover how to introduce relationships, structure features with multiple protagonists, reasons to split up the group, and how to reunite characters.
In our bonus segment for premium members, John and Megana welcome our summer intern Drew Marquardt to discuss group dynamics in Stranger Things season four, part one. (Warning: conversation contains spoilers and unabashed Steve Harrington adoration.)
- Scriptnotes Episode 360: Relationships
- Scriptnotes Episode 395: All in this Together
- Scriptnotes Episode 383: Splitting the Party
- Stranger Things on Netflix
- Hydroviv Water Filter
- Blot 2046 Manifesto
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao (ft. our summer intern Drew Marquardt and segments by Megan McDonnell) and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 8-1-22 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.