John and Craig dig into the overstuffed mail bag to answer listener questions about scenes, stagnation, subtitles and script breakdowns. Plus we reveal the consensus opinions on whether we should have ads, and look at possibilities for the Full Script Challenge.
We also have a lengthy digression into probability and the proper way to pronounce Los Feliz.
- ‘Los Feliz': How you say it tells about you and L.A. from the LA Times
- How To Pronounce ‘Los Feliz’ from the Atwater Village Newbie blog
- Screenwriting.io on what constitutes a scene
- A sample short film budget
- u/temptotosssoon’s story of waking up and realizing he’d dreamt the past decade of his life on Reddit
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Jon Spurney (send us yours!)
UPDATE 3-30-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.