Craig and John discuss the impact of Star Wars knocking down all the records, both for the industry and big-screen sci-fi.
We also look at yet another start-up that promises to separate hits from flops, the shocking revelation that critics are humans, and three new WGA proposals. Finally, we look at ways to let an audience know a character’s name.
Note: This is also the long-promised vaginosis episode.
- Mexican Coke, New Coke and the history of Coca-Cola on Wikipedia
- Bacterial vaginosis at the Center for Disease Control and on Wikipedia
- Vaginal douching on WebMD
- Scriptnotes, 112: Let me give you some advice and Dear J.J. Abrams
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens on Box Office Mojo
- Get your tickets now for Scriptnotes, Live on January 25 with Jason Bateman and Lawrence Kasdan, a benefit for Hollywood HEART
- ScriptBook and The startup story of Scriptbook
- Box Office Shocker: Movie Reviews Matter in 2015 from The Wrap
- WGA Asks Members To Amend Guild’s Constitution on Deadline
- Ghost Streets of Los Angeles on BLDGBLOG
- Vilmos Zsigmond on Wikipedia, IMDb and remembered in Variety
- Outro by Mary Webb (send us yours!)
UPDATE 1-14-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.