Craig and John talk with Guardians co-writer Nicole Perlman about the development of this summer’s blockbuster, and her two years as part of Marvel’s in-house writing program. It’s a great look at how movies get started, and the dozens of drafts you didn’t see on the big screen.
Nicole stays with us as we discuss which city would take over if Hollywood fell into the sea, why IMDb credits rarely reflect a writer’s real career, and the worst ideas we were ever pitched by a producer or studio executive.
- Today is the last day to order shirts and hoodies from the John August Store
- Nicole Perlman on IMDb and Twitter
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Steven Soderbergh’s silent, black and white Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Star Wars Episodes 1: Jedi Party, 2: The Friend Zone and 3: Revenge of Middle Management recut and re-voiced by Auralnauts
- Their cut of The Throne Room minus Williams
- The Science and Entertainment Exchange connects scientists with entertainment industry professionals
- Two-step verification is the seatbelt of the digital world
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
UPDATE 10-3-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.