This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig tackle reader questions about self distribution, pseudonyms, separated rights, and studios’ feelings about international versus domestic box office.
They also explain the fallacy of equating effort in with value out, discuss why the WGA should address sweepstake pitches and coverage for videogame writers, and offer a Kentucky-born 21+ cure for the common cold.
This and more on the thirteenth Scriptnotes.
- Director Todd Strauss-Schulson
- Sweepstakes Pitching on screenwriting.io
- Michael Mohan’s One Too Many Mornings
- Kevin Smith’s Red State
- Edward Burns’s Nice Guy Johnny
- The Polish Brothers’ For Lovers Only
- The Remnants on Vimeo
- The domestic/international box office split for Talladega Nights
- Scribblenauts for iOS
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Amazon
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Amazon
- Uncharted 3 on Amazon
- Intro: Pac-Man: The Animated Series
- Outro: The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM Official Trailer
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 11-27-11: The transcript of this episode can be found here.