Jordan Mechner forwarded me this Ubisoft-created look back at the Prince of Persia series. It’s in sucky .wmv format, but does a nice job showing the evolution of the franchise from its humble PC roots.
Anticipating your inevitable questions:
- No, I don’t know when the movie will come out.
- No, we haven’t cast anyone.
- Yes, the movie is based on “The Sands of Time,” the first game in the series, which is lighter and more swashbuckling than the later games.
- Yes, we’re aware of the fact that Babylon (games two and three) doesn’t have anything to do with Persia.
- No, we don’t have a director yet.
- Yes, I think it would be great to find a (relatively) unknown Persian actor to play the prince. It’s not my decision, though. Just my opinion.
- No, don’t send headshots. Or links. I’ll delete them.
- I’m serious. Stop.
Who am I kidding? I’ll end up having to close comments anyway. But in the meantime, you can see the promo here.